1. Empower College Prep Elementary and Middle School is located at 2411 W Colter Street, Phoenix, AZ 85015. We are northeast of Camelback and I-17.
2. We serve approximately 850 elementary scholars, beginning in Kindergarten to 8th grade.
3. Our scholars attend classes Monday through Friday from 8:05 am to 3:10 pm. On Thursday’s, scholars have early release at 1:00 pm.
4. Bus transportation is available for all scholars either through school bus or city bus passes.
5. We are excited to start enrolling students in Kindergarten to 8th grade for the August 2020 school year! Enroll today by calling Brianda Ortega at (602)525-0402 or visit our front office to speak to an enrollment advisor. Enroll your scholar while spots are still available.
Teachers are empowered to use resources purchased by the school or create resources that combine their passions and scholars’ gifts and interests with the knowledge and skills in the long term plan in order to facilitate mastery and real-world application.
The elementary school day goes from 8 AM to 3:45 PM Monday-Wednesday and Friday, and from 8 AM to 1:00 PM on Thursday. Scholars may arrive as early as 7:30 AM.
The elementary school dress code is a green, royal and navy blue shirt and khaki or blue pants. No jeans are allowed except for special dress days or $1 Jeans Days.
University trips mark the end of each year. Scholars participate in sports that include soccer, volleyball, flag football, and basketball. Other clubs include Robotics, Crafts, Newspaper, Band, and Choir. Scholar Expo Nights provide opportunities twice each year for classes and clubs to showcase work for their families and the community.
Parents are encouraged to volunteer at the school, attend expo nights and performances, participate in Empower Families Meetings, and stay informed of their child’s progress through reviewing progress reports and attending quarterly parent-teacher conferences.
| Music & Dance
Empower scholars will learn the basics of both music and movement. They will study the various genres of music and dance, including tap, jazz, hip hop, and much more.
In art, scholars will build skills related drawing, painting, and the use of other media to express themselves. They will also develop an understanding of the various people who influenced artistic styles, including Leonardo, Michelangelo, Frida Kahlo, and much more.
Physical Education & Sports
Scholars learn the foundations of physical activity and wellness to build a lifelong healthy lifestyle in PE. They also learn the basics of many sports to prepare them for competitive sports in middle school and high school. They build hand-eye coordination, teamwork, and trust. Mr. Quintin Hatch is our PE teacher and is beginning his fourth year with Empower.
Scholars also participate in technology class where they begin with the basics of things like Google docs and sheets as well as typing. They dive more deeply into other skills such as coding and 3-D printing. Technology class offers a great opportunity for scholars to connect their 21st Century learning to 21st Century technological skills.
After School Programs
Many scholars extend their day by participating in one of the many after-school sports or clubs, getting help at homework club, or coming for some extra tutoring. After-school programs typically last until 5:15 PM.
Follow the link below to complete the form expressing your interest in enrolling in Empower College Prep and joining the Empower movement!